Thank you for helping and participating!
Please fill out this form and have it submitted by August 24th, 2018.
AvatarFEST is a celebration of what amateur, home users do on the hypergrid. Think of it a bit like “show and tell”. Other events are geared towards professional users for the sake of networking, this festival is geared towards home users with the intent of celebrating what we, the non-professional class, do in virtual worlds.
1) All participants must be responsive and communicative. We will need a functional email to ensure smooth and swift communication. Life happens, and this is recreational; but for the sake of working out issues, we will expect a reasonable response to communications (email, etc.). After a week and a half without a response, a participant may be excluded.
2) Participants may need special rights to be able to help. All rights are given by the AvatarFEST staff (mainly Han Held) in good faith. We reserve the right to remove those rights should a situation require it or should we feel that a participant is not conducting himself or herself properly.
3) If performers bring / rezz their own objects, they retain the full intellectual property rights to their objects, but must grant us permission to retain the objects for the duration of AvatarFEST including the right to make OAR solely for backup reasons. Should any participant revoke that permission, they might not be able to participate further. Please note that we reserve the right to keep the OAR solely for security reasons until a time after the AvatarFEST, but we will NEVER give out any part of your objects.
4) The AvatarFEST staff (mainly Han Held) reserve the right to remove participants from the region they feel are behaving inappropriately for any reason, though they will be given a warning first. Please note that hateful or discriminating (racist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-Semitic, etc.) comments or behavior will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate ban for the remainder of the festival.
5) We try our best to be GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation = DSGVO = DatenSchutz-GrundVerOrdnung) – compliant, but we are neither infallible nor IT professionals. We will only ask you for information strictly necessary to process this form and ensure your participation in the festival. OpenSim collects minimal data, which is inherent in the program and cannot be stopped. However, only the AvatarFest organizers will see your data – collected with from this form, which is stored as an email and in a local Excel file for handling until it is no longer needed or you tell us to delete it, or on OpenSim, which will disappear when the the region does. As far as we know no additional personal information is being collected and/or stored. You can send us a request at any time via our contact form to delete any stored personal data and we will try our best to make it happen (as said, neither of us is an IT professional). If you are unsure about this, contact us inworld or via G+. If you cannot consent to these terms, unfortunately you cannot participate.